the Duchess of Crack! and the Queen of Fluff (kiramaru7) wrote,
the Duchess of Crack! and the Queen of Fluff

Away & Back

I had left for a few days to go visit Virginia Beach. We stayed in one of the hotels on the beach,which is nice as we often sat on the balcony & watched the people go by. :D Anyways, it started on Tuesday at the butt crack of dawn, where we drove to the airport to catch a morning flight to Baltimore. Once there we had time to grab some breakfast from McDonald's in the food court, before getting on another plane to go to Norfolk. When we got there, there was some grief with the rental car, but Dad seemed to have sorted it out. (*LAUGHS*) We check in, dump our luggage & head to Target for snacks for the room. Then we came back & basically crashed & burned until dinner. Dinner was nice, we went to Mahi's which is just a couple of blocks away. I got a flounder sandwich & I swear they battered & fried the whole fish. XD I have never seen a sandwich bun look sooo small before. XD But it was YUMMY! :D Another rest so the food could go down, before wandering across the street for some Ben & Jerry's. :D Before crashing & burning, I went out & picked up a bunch of the freebie books they have every other block with local coupons. XD Then it was shower, watch an hour of TV before getting an early night.

The next day we went to the Back Bay wildlife refuge & walked around there, looking for tree frogs, which we didn't find at all. XD We did find some butterflies, a TON of dragonflies, a bunny (YAY!), an Eastern Rat snake & a cottonmouth that I nearly stepped on. XD Luckily, I had stopped short of it, I hadn't seen it, but Dad did & I backed up & away from it. XD Not sure if I was close enough to get tagged, but if I had kept going, I wouldn't be here telling you about it. XD The snake was not happy, said "F*** this sh*t!" and slithered off into the bushes. Thankfully the rat snake was cool & turned around & disappeared from whence it came. XD We really didn't see or hear any birds, which was odd, but not odd as the remnants of Ida was heading our way. We did see some military planes, so when we left, we headed over to Oceana. Outside & across the street from the base, next to the dump, was a lil park, where people park & watch the planes. Just over the barrier is the neighborhood. We saw a lot, taking off & landing. When they came in for a landing, overhead, you could see them getting a bit buffeted by the wind (a sign of things to come). Then we left when no planes came by in a half hour & went back to the hotel. We hung out a bit & went for a walk on the boardwalk. You could see why there was hardly anyone on the beach as the wind was picking up & sandblasting us. XD Then we went to this fish place on the docks, where I got a lobster roll. It was just a ton of lobster meat on a toasted hot dog bun. It was messy to eat as stuff would fall off, so I just ate stuff out of the bun & dipped it in the butter they gave me. XD So it was like eating a lobster tail without all the mess. :D Very Yummy! :D So we walked down to the Dairy Queen & watched a local band playing. There's a small park with a bandshell across from it. The DQ is basically just a walk up window with a parking lot & a bathroom. XD So when the first set ended, we left. We also got Blizzards, which I never had before, & ate them while watching the band. Also the sky got weird looking, & I was like it's going to rain, so we started back to our hotel, which was several blocks away. By the time we got out of the DQ's parking lot, it was starting to rain. No biggie, right? Just a few gentle drops, right? NOPE! By the time we got to the end of the block it was monsoon season! Since there wasn't any nearby shelter, by the time we did make it to this hotel with an overhang out front (guests pull in under it to check in), we were DRENCHED. XD We waited for it to mostly stop, before heading back to our hotel, which was still several blocks away, & a nice warm shower & some TV.

Day three, which was crappy looking from Ida's passing through, so we decided to go to the air museum to see some planes from both world wars. They also had some shells, & some military vehicles. It was pretty cool. but Dad was annoyed as he knew there was more to it, but that was closed off due to COVID (most likely), & the fact that a ton of planes were being stored there, with no room to safe walk around. But they had dinosaurs! So I was happy! :D Someone had made some different kinds of dinos out of scrap metal & plopped them down near the museum's entrance for the kiddos to see & play around. They were set up so you really couldn't get to them unless you pushed through some bushes, although a few were out in the open. I thought they were cool, yet kinda tacky, but still had enough cool in them, since they were art. The rest of day was nice, & we did a bad & threw fries at the sea gulls, & watched the gulls steal them. I had gotten some DQ chicken tenders for lunch. It came with fries & Texas toast. :D

That night, had Italian, walked back down to the DQ to watch another local band, left after the first set, got some frozen custard (soft serve ice cream) & headed back. We had also explored some of the shops, while out for a walk, & walked the pier as far as you could go before they decided to charge people to go to thee end. XD

Last day, before going home, we took a harbor tour of the local navy base. Saw a ton of battle ships, both new & older models, some dolphins & had a nice relaxing time on board. :D Then we went to the Nauticus, which is a naval museum, & got tickets to tour the Wisconsin, which is a WWII battleship. they give guided tours, but you can also explore on your own, which we did. Then a quick look inside the museum, before heading back to the airport. Trying to turn in the car was a hassle & a half. Dad was POed big time that it was over a $100 more than he had contracted for, but it was straightened out & he wound up paying a bit less than he was supposed to pay, which made him happy. Basically the same two flights in reverse & totally uneventful. We ate dinner at McDonald's at Baltimore airport's food court, got home, I managed to do my trip laundry, before heading off to bed.

Also work starts up again on Thursday. I'm also much to my sadness, working in a middle school, instead of an elementary. While I'll miss the lil ones, I won't miss the woman in charge as she can be a lil bitchy. XD I'm also in charge, & while I have a ton of kids & a lot of them have no idea how to behave, they don't all come the same day & hopefully they will behave, or I'll speak to my boss about suspending them. The most disruptive ones can get suspended if need be. I'm not looking forward to it as I knwo one of them came be a real HANDFUL. I get that parents need to work, but they need to parent their kids so their kids aren't a bunch of A$$HOLES.It's not my job or the school's to discipline your kids.
Tags: vaycay, work nonsense

  • Home at Last! :D

    I just got home from a quick trip up to Maine. The weird part is, we took the ferry home from Connecticut to Long Island & I'm a pretty good "sailor"…

  • Honey, I'm home & Work nonsense

    I had a wonderful time hiking around Bar Harbor Maine. We took the ferry from Long Island to Connecticut & from there drove to Portland Maine. We get…

  • Happy Bday, Vexed!!

    I want to wish you the happiest of bdays & may all your bday wishes come true! *huggles*

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded